What on earth do I mean by that? Well, basically this is my bucket list, (a list of things I want to do before I die), which is focused on the coming decade of 2016-2026. In 2026 I will be 30 years old… AH! Sorry, I scared myself a little bit there.
Alright, breathe, breathe… Anyway, as I was saying, in 2026 I will be 30- AH! Never mind. These are the things I want to get done in the next ten years. I don’t want to dream for a day, a week, or even a year; I want to dream so big that it can’t be contained in a year or even two. It’s a hobby of mine to dream the impossible and then sit back smiling as God makes it possible.
So, this year, allow me to present my New Year’s decade bucket list resolutions and ramblings.
- Being that McDonald’s is open 24 hours, I am going to find out how long they will allow you to stay in the restaurant if you purchased something every few hours. My goal: 1 week.
- I am going to publish 10 books starting with my autobiography in 2016.
- I will become a renowned and wealthy enough author to be able to tip in 100 dollar bills and cover the bill of anyone in front of me in any line.
- Buy out all of the tickets to a concert and be the only one there.
- Somehow, someway be able to influence and witness to those in the entertainment industry who desperately need Christ.
- Discover God’s purpose and plan for my life, (I don’t know how long this will take, but I will pray and wait for God’s timing).
- Discover who God would have me spend the rest of my life with, (I don’t know how long this will take, but I will pray and wait for God’s timing).
- Help point 1 million people to Christ and His love for them.
- Write and sing my own songs, maybe even record a CD of my songs.
- Give 50% of my income to God, (this one is hard, but He is God, and it’s all His anyway).
I consider these to be very lofty goals. I want to make an eternal difference in people. Maybe this blog will do it, maybe my singing will do, perhaps my writing or my speaking will do it, but whichever means He’s using, God will do it. I don’t know what lies before me, but 2016… bring it on.
As always, thanks for reading and Happy New Year!
—the anonymous novelist